Island View Riding Stables
Our family-run horse farm in the West of Ireland specialises in beach rides in Sligo and Donegal Bay. Drop in for a refreshing horse-riding experience on your journey along the Wild Atlantic Way.
Our trekking centre is currently closed due to level 5 restrictions since December 24th, in line with government and AIRE guidelines.Unfortunately, outdoor training for school age children can’t go ahead either at the moment. We hope to be able to offer our full service again from early April 2021, please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates.
- Our staff are trained in Covid prevention and we have a professional Covid response plan in place.
- Riding is by appointment only so you need to phone or email to book.
- To cut down on time spent in the small office space, please complete the Rider Registration Form below:
* For Minors riding only, complete the ‘Adults & Minors’ Form as an adult needs to sign
Face masks to be worn indoors at all times.
- Every new rider will have to fill in the online Rider Registration Form.
- We have a streamlined one way system in place to facilitate social distancing.
- All rides are prepaid, in the rare event that you still need to pay a certain outstanding amount, please have the correct amount of cash with you and pay on arrival.
The video clip here shows you the customer journey when you arrive here.
Trekking options range from a 30 minute lead rein trek for young children, a 1 hour beach ride or a 2 hour hack right up to a full day trail ride. Even beginners can enjoy a gentle stroll along the sea shore. Our price list and trekking booking form list all the various rides at a glance.
We offer a unique ride to our private island with the opportunity for a hearty gallop for experienced riders. Groups are welcome and can avail of discounted rates.
Our Atlantic Trailweek holiday takes you on an amazing equestrian adventure where you explore the rugged coastline and the wild countryside at the foot of Benbulben Mountain on horseback.
Accommodation ranges from self-catering or B&B to a hotel break.
Adults and children can learn to ride in our riding school with a choice of private instruction or group lessons.
All equestrian activities are supervised by experienced guides.
We also breed Irish Draught Horses, Irish Sport horses, Connemara ponies and Irish cobs and have a selection of well schooled horses and ponies for sale at the equestrian centre.