Island View Riding Stables
Our family-run horse farm in the West of Ireland specialises in beach rides in Sligo and Donegal Bay. Drop in for a refreshing horse-riding experience on your journey along the Wild Atlantic Way.
In line with government and AIRE guidelines, inter county travelis now permitted and we can now accept adult horse riders as well as children.
We ask riders/parents not to congregate. It is strictly come and ride. Parents can watch from their car or come back to pick up their child. Everybody, including children, will need to wear a face mask.
All clients need to observe respiratory hygiene and social distancing.
Riding slots for treks will be staggered and groups limited in size. Therefore we need to take advance payment for treks. You can book online or phone us and book with us directly with your credit card.
Please cancel if you experience symptoms of Covid, have been a close contact or asked to self isolate.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates.
- Our staff are trained in Covid prevention and we have a professional Covid response plan in place.
- Riding is by appointment only so you need to phone or email to book.
- To cut down on time spent in the small office space, please complete the Rider Registration Form below:
* For Minors riding only, complete the ‘Adults & Minors’ Form as an adult needs to sign
Face masks to be worn indoors at all times. This applies to children as well as adults.
- Every new rider will have to fill in the online Rider Registration Form.
- We have a streamlined one way system in place to facilitate social distancing.
- Most rides are prepaid, in the rare event that you still need to pay a certain outstanding amount, please have the correct amount of cash with you and pay on arrival.
The video clip here shows you the customer journey when you arrive here.
Trekking options range from a 30 minute lead rein trek for young children, a 1 hour beach ride or a 2 hour hack right up to a full day trail ride. Even beginners can enjoy a gentle stroll along the sea shore. Our price list and trekking booking form list all the various rides at a glance.
We offer a unique ride to our private island with the opportunity for a hearty gallop for experienced riders. Groups are welcome and can avail of discounted rates.
Our Atlantic Trailweek holiday takes you on an amazing equestrian adventure where you explore the rugged coastline and the wild countryside at the foot of Benbulben Mountain on horseback.
Accommodation ranges from self-catering or B&B to a hotel break.
Adults and children can learn to ride in our riding school with a choice of private instruction or group lessons.
All equestrian activities are supervised by experienced guides.
We also breed Irish Draught Horses, Irish Sport horses, Connemara ponies and Irish cobs and have a selection of well schooled horses and ponies for sale at the equestrian centre.