Island View Riding Stables
Our family-run horse farm in the West of Ireland specialises in beach riding holidays in Sligo and Donegal Bay.
Ideal for a refreshing equestrian holiday experience along the Wild Atlantic Way.
Island View Riding Stables offer residential riding holidays for individuals, families and small groups.
Guests will ride along vast, pristine beaches, ancient bog lands and sheer rocky cliffs. As an advanced rider you can experience a unique ride to our private island with the opportunity for some faster riding. Trekking options are only available as part of a residential holiday.
Equestrian holidays start with a 2 night short break with either 5 or 8 hours riding. This Mix and Match short break is a flexible, tailored program, where guests can combine beach riding and lessons. The Mix and Match Program can be extended to a full week with 15 hours riding per person. This option will also suit you if you are a less experienced rider.
Our Atlantic Trailweek holiday is for experienced riders only. It takes you on an amazing equestrian adventure where you explore the rugged coastline and the wild countryside at the foot of Benbulben Mountain on horseback. If horse riding is your favourite way to discover nature: this is it! You ride between 4 and 6 hours per day. Lunch is in a pub, cafe or a picnic in the great outdoors. Together with your guide, splash through the crashing Atlantic Ocean and make your way to the stable’s privately owned island.
Accommodation ranges from self-catering or B&B to a hotel break. Non-riding travel companions can be accommodated at request.
All horse riding holidays start with an assessment session and all equestrian activities are supervised by experienced guides.
A herd of happy, mostly home-bred horses is ready to take you on your equestrian adventure. The riding holiday is all about you and your chosen horse.
We also breed Irish Draught Horses, Irish Sport horses, Connemara ponies and Irish cobs and have a selection of well schooled horses and ponies for sale at the equestrian centre.
2022 End of an era – New beginnings
We are making changes to our business in 2022.
We will no longer offer casual rides and riding lessons
Existing vouchers and bookings will still be valied and honoured until 1st July 2022.
Going forward, we will be offering the following services:
- Riding holidays will continue. We will be able to offer an even more exclusive and tailored experience.
- Riding for special needs clients will still be available by appointment, so you need to phone or email to book.
- Livery (grass or stable) will be available for clients with their own horses, own personal accident and own public liability insurance. Our guiding services and lessons will be available for livery clients.
- We will of course continue to breed, train and sell horses….. we will always have loads of horses!
- As a result of these changes, we will reduce the number of horses at the stables. The older ones that are part of the family will stay with us forever, but a selection will be for sale to selected homes.
We will always have horses!
Restrictions for outdoor sports have been lifted, but we still ask clients to observe respiratory hygiene and wear face masks in the tack room or toilet area indoors.
Please cancel if you experience symptoms of Covid, have been a close contact or asked to self isolate.
If travelling from abroad please observe the current regulations for entering the country. Details can be found here.
- Our staff are trained in Covid prevention and we have a professional Covid response plan in place.
- Riding holidays need to be arranged in advance, so you need to phone or email to book.
- If your holiday cannot go ahead because of Covid 19 then you will receive a refund.
- To cut down on time spent in the small office space, please complete the Rider Registration Form below before arrival:
* For Minors riding only, complete the ‘Adults & Minors’ Form as an adult needs to sign
The video clip here shows you the customer journey when you arrive here.